Sunday, January 01, 2006

Count Down

10....9 ...8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Has it been a whole year already?? Where has the time gone?
I spent New Year's last night at "Bobby's Bar & Restaurant" in Ottawa. My brother in law was filling in with a band called "Whistle Stop"..... What awesome talent!
I met a few people, with incredible personality... we exchanged email addresses, and so forth. It eases my mind slightly about the big move.
Take a small town girl and stick her in the city, it's unnerving leaving behind all that is familiar. A huge step out my comfort zone.
My second family is..... my job. Those who know me will vouch for it, maybe I obsess about it a little too much. But come on.... three years of my life has been dedicated to this restaurant. It is indeed my family, and the time has come where I must leave...... 16 days left..... that will pass quicker than the New year's count down.
16...15..14...13...12...11...10...9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1........... Good bye.

No comments: