Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tribute

The reality of moving to Ottawa is beginning to sink in.....
At work today, I had to train the new waitress whom will be taking my place. At first I think I overwhelmed her with my perkiness. I wanted to make a good impression, and most importantly make her feel welcome.
Not sure who was more nervous?? Her being her first day? Or I, having her observate everything that I did?
My luck.... the first table I take her to, I introduce her, explain that she is in training, and realize I forgot the menu's. HA ha ha!!!! As I ran to get them, I had to poke fun at myself, "Actually I think that I'm the one that's in training". Table had a good laugh, and my boss could not resist to add, "No.... not like you haven't been here for the last 3yrs."
Everything went along smoothly, and it finally occured to me; that this is it.

As a tribute to "Nick's" the top 13 MUST KNOWS!!

1) Feb. 19th, 2003..... My first day!!! My anniversary!!
I'll never forget it. The unthinkable happens! Truck began to stall on the 401, just made it to town with 5 min. to spare. Made it to a gas station, from where I had to sprint to work. Was 10 minutes late, and out of breath. Not very good impression for the first day. Luckily my boss was very understanding.

2) THE BEST "SOUVLAKI" EVER!!!!!!!! Take my word on this one folks!!! Highly recommended, and I stand by it! I am very much "addicted", soon U will be too!!!

3) Three years of working in a Greek Restaurant..... and the only Greek I know is: Ya Su Ti Catneese (Not even sure I spelled it right)
Means: Hi, how are you?

4) I've never spilled a plate of food!!! Officially one caesar and one coffee, which by fast reaction nobody got wet!!

5) Friday is my favorite day of the week!!!

6) I've had my last three birthdays at work!!!

7) The quickest, medical attention.... complete with first aid (bandaids, gauze, alcohol and a kiss to make it better) Nurse PD in the house!!

8) My last day is January 30th, 2006!

9) WE ARE ALL CrAzY!!!!!!

10) MD & PD are the best employers EVER!!!!! Not only have they taught me well, I've learned so much from them. I was just a young one when I started; shy, soft spoken, clumsy..... well actually I'm still clumsy.... BUT.. I've grown & matured, & developed long lasting friendships 4 life!!!!!

11) My coworkers...... wow, three years of endless stories. Ronda U R awesome!!!! U know U love me, I'm still waiting 4 U to admit it!!! U R my Friday "Special", wouldn't be the same without U & PD in the house! U girls crack me up.... behave while I'm gone. And please be careful with the new one, for a few weeks atleast.... she's fragile.
Danielle I will totally miss working with U!!! Some great times and great coffee high's!!!

12) I hold the record!!!!!! And proud of it!!! To make a long story short me and PD covered a full house all by ourselves on a Wed. night for 3 1/2 hours straight! Absolutely crazy.
Came through with $150.00 and survived! Would u believe that? Clumsy ol me & not one error!! PD you are my left hand couldn't have done it without U!!!

13) Among all the regulars..... I will never forget U Bob! U are the "Wind Beneath My Wings".
"Ahoy", to the U and the great live entertainment!!! I long to hear U play the harmonica again!

No comments: