Sunday, January 08, 2006

An endless journey.......

It is when I think about what I write, that my imagination becomes restricted. My mind builds on unheard rules.... (the self critique). I hesitate.... I edit.... and read through what has just been written.
Instantly I become blocked up.

Thing with writing is..... it is like a relationship. I love it and I hate it. It frustrates the hell out of me.
It gives me my space, and I am patient when it comes down to it. I'm passionate about it, happy, angry but also forgiving. I make mistakes, and I can fix them.
I can be myself and write down exactly what I'm feeling, it is my voice, my opinion, my thoughts, my records.
It's rewarding, challenging, and well worth every second of my time. I look back to the beginning, but there is no moving back..... just small steps forward. A growing process. An endless journey.
For better or for worse...... till death do us part.

Another perspective; when I asked my boyfriend Dave, "What makes you tick?" His response, "I'm not a fantastic Musician, I'm not classically trained, My ear isnt great, I'm not a great singer, bassist, guitarist. I never will be. I'm fine with that. I love listening to music. I love trying to create music. To me anything important can be expressed through music. Many emotions ... one at a time or many at once. Music accepts me and I accept music. It is always there.

It can take me places I've never been, it can be very familiar, it can bring back long last memories. I love performing live. Live performance is not a about perfect pitch, playing perfect, or steady tempo ... its about a feeling. Conveying emotion, transfering energy. I love it!"

That's exactly how it is.... Your passion will frusturate you to death, but your love is stronger.

Thought the following, would motivate you as it did me:

1. Control your destiny or someone else will
2. Face reality as it is, not as it was, and not as you wish it were
3. Be candid, up front, and be totally honest with everyone
4. Don't "manage" people. Lead by example.
5. Change before you are forced to. Be in control of the change and the pace of the change
6. If you don't have a competitive advantage, don't compete. Either get a competetive advantage or get out of the game.





No comments: