Friday, December 30, 2005

Behind Those Eyes

I awoke this morning abruptly. Groggily I reached over my bedside to read exactly what I felt so intent on writing till 3:00 am this morning. I felt around.
Nothing..... Then I felt something poking at my side. My pen. I had fallen alseep with my notebook.... signed Dec. 30th ; 2:42 am.
Wow, what happened?..... And what in God's name did I write?
I read:

"Eyes full of wonder, a clueless mystery.
A puzzle with a picture, that only you can see.
Hidden behind those eyes, that I try to look so deep,
Memories bound in your mind, secrets that you keep.

I don't want to pull, I don't mean to pry..... I just want to see what you see,
behind those eyes."

Thse eyes that I refer to, are absolutely captivating. Yet none of the above even comes a smidge close to it.
It almost seems as though I've looked into them forever.... and forever is impossible to write.



Through the eyes is the window, to the soul.

No comments: