Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Keep Going..... we will meet again.

Everything crashes in, hard, fast... I am overwhelmed by how powerful it is.
The force so strong it knocks me off my feet, and washes over me.
I am helpless, I don't try to fight it... I let it carry me.
I have simply just given up, and what ever happens.... happens.
I stop... something faint in the distance is calling. I listen...
I can't make out the words, but I know I'm not alone.
A sudden burst of energy fills me from the inside and out, and with all that I have in me... I fight against the current that is pulling me. I'm not going to die like this.
Closer, closer... I am so close. My body aches from head to toe, I'm out of breath and completely exhausted. I convince myself that I cannot go any further. I accept that I am going to drown.
Then I hear it... the faint sound, a voice... so close it is almost on top of me. It is encouraging... and I have made up my mind that I am going to fight until the very end. I gather up my strength, the pain is immense, I keep going.
Muscles tense, burning, I loose all sensation, I keep going.
Vision a blur, eyes stinging, I keep going.
Out of breath, dehydrated, physically drained, I keep going.
Close... so close... closer.
Finally I am able to stand on solid ground. My legs weak, feel like jello.
I stummble, as the waves crashing in buckle my knee's. I want to drop.... but I keep going.
The shoreline... is completely visible now, but it all remains a blur to me. My eyes sting. I am blind.
My hands out in front of me... I keep going.
Then I hear it.... the voice that kept me going.
"I knew that you would make it, I'm so proud of you"
I reach out, and He takes me by the hand.
His hand so warm, so gentle, so familiar.
I want to see His face... but the moment my eyes clear He is gone.
And I know.... I know.. that if I keep going, we will meet again.

No comments: