Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I am.... myself

I hesitate... my heart pounding hard. So hard it feels as though it's ready to pound out of my chest. Inhale, exhale slowly. Anything to calm myself down.
I take the escalator, to the third floor. I become anxious, the escalator seems slower than usual... I walk up the rest of the way, as if gliding up a flight of stairs. All around me there are people scattered in all directions. My hands... I no longer feel them. Cold. So cold.
Breathe.... I keep reminding myself. I tend to hold my breath, without even realizing it.
I walk past the food court... The buzzing of conversations, the smell of grease, the crying baby... FOCUS!!! Stay focused.
I walk into the Restaurant, where I am to have my interview.

I'm reminded of the words.... "Don't think about it... just do it,
as long as you've done your best, the rest is out of your control. If you get the job or vice versa.. it was meant to be".

I become immediately relaxed. I smile. I am myself.

What happens from there is out of my control.

No comments: