Saturday, June 02, 2012

A journey of self discovery

I've been devouring myself lately in self help books. Mostly guides on how to improve my writing skills, how to uncover and rediscover creativity and be healthy. There are so many things that I want to be able to do, and so much knowledge and wisdom out there to learn from. So to narrow it down to small baby steps, I will begin with my top three wants.

1. First and foremost I want to be healthy, because without my health everything else that I want will probably just disintegrate with exhaustion, depression and illness. I need to eat healthier, go to bed earlier, exercise and really take the time to meditate on all of the positives in my life because there is just so much to be grateful for. So this want, is my first priority.

2. I want to discover who I am as an artist. This is another big want, because deep down I know that I was meant to have a place in the creative world. I am one that needs the freedom to explore with no time restrictions, or pressing deadlines. One that is fascinated by learning, travel and nature... My spirit craves the big open wilderness, and flees from any sort of bounds of domestication. It is my desire to someday travel the open road without a map, or any particular destination in mind, and that is exactly where I want to be with my writing. Unplanned, unpredictable, and spontaneous.

3. I want to strengthen my relationships with my family, friends, and acquaintances. I want to be known as a very loving, caring person who doesn't waste time holding grudges or let anger poison my soul. There is too much to be thankful for to let the negatives be anything more than a passing feeling that you can simply let go of. Life is too short.

No comments: