Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Catch Up

It's been a few weeks since I've have the time to sit down and write on my blog so I thought I would take a moment to catch up.

The daycare is still running smoothly, and will continue right up until the end of July... but before then, some of my little ones will be finishing up with me in the next few weeks. My first to leave will be Morgan, with her last day (this Friday) quickly approaching, I can't promise that there will be no tears. Morgan, began daycare with me when she was about 18 months old, and now she is 4 1/2 and starting a summer daycare where she will be going to school this fall. I've watched her grow from a toddler to such an extraordinary little girl over the last few years, and have seen a beautiful friendship grow between Morgan and Becca that I feel so blessed to have been a part of. I would have to say that saying good-bye is probably the hardest part of my job.

Another little one of mine with his final weeks coming to a close is a very special little man. He is my smallest little guy, with the biggest smile, an amazing spirit always doing something to make me laugh, and always in such a great mood. It will not be the same around here without him.

But... the wonderful thing that I share in common with the mommies of the two above, is that we are all expecting. Morgan's mommy in the fall, and my little man's mommy is due two weeks before me.

Becca is almost finished her first year of school 'Junior Kindergarten' for the summer. Tomorrow her class is going on a field trip to the bird sanctuary at Upper Canada Village. Becca is thrilled that she happens to also be the leader for that day, and has been looking forward to it all week.

Baby Abigail is growing like a wild weed. I am all belly this pregnancy. From behind I just look like I normally would, until I turn to the side it looks as though I am carrying a basketball under my shirt. 5 more weeks to go!!

No comments: