Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Believe in yourself

I need to get into the habit of going to bed earlier, eating healthier, and exercising my mind, body and soul on a daily basis. As far as writing goes I am trying to find small moments each day to spend quietly by myself, but as it happens... inspiration doesn't always strike in times when I am good, ready and waiting for it to come. I need to write, as I need to breathe. I need to practice, and explore my inner self without the pressure of producing something great and expectations that I must see instantaneous results. I forget that this is a process, one that cannot be rushed. One that will not happen overnight. This process is gradual, and must be taken one day at a time. Writing is for myself, with creations not meant to be graded. It is meant to be reckless. It is meant to explore. It is meant to make mistakes. It is a means of moving forward and remembering each day for what it is... a gift.

I have been waiting for what it seems like an eternity for something to happen. Something that grabs hold of me, shaking me to my senses. Then 'VOILA', it appears right in front of my very eyes and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was what I was meant to do. This is what I was created for. In reality I have absolutely no idea what I want or where I want to go. Something tells me, that maybe I should stop waiting and start looking. That perhaps what I have been waiting for, has been all along waiting for me to find 'it'. Is that where I have lost faith? I have to see it to believe it? If it's not there in front of me, or if I don't have an answer it was never meant to be? I admit I have my doubts. I fight doubt every single day, it seems that I am always second guessing myself. But... is it really doubt? or is it fear?

 Believe
Believe in yourself
Believe in love
Believe in forgiveness
Believe in trust
Believe in others, as others believe in you
Believe in making your dreams come true

No comments: