Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Backyardigans

Catchy tunes. Eye catching colors. Brilliant choreography. A whole new adventure, and exciting experience every episode. From deep tropical rainforests, to enchanted castles.
My daughter is a little too young to understand the story lines, but the theme song brings a smile to her face every time. THE BACKYARDIGANS. It's funny that only five months ago, I had no clue who the backyardigans were, now I know them by name. Pablo, Tasha, Tyrone, Uniqua and Austin. You just can't help but sing along to the songs. Their tight harmonies are so pleasing to the ear, that the theme song itself is genious.
The show reminds me of the adventures I imagined in my own backyard. I think that's why it's grown on me.
It gives us the world through the eyes of our children, and reminds that we were that age to. I remember making a boat out of a cardboard box, and actually trying to float on it in a huge puddle. It became an even bigger adventure as it began to sink very quickly. We pretended to be ship wrecked on an island with nothing to eat but banana's. We'd leave banana peels hanging in the tree's in hopes that more banana's would grow.
The imagination we had to create such fantasies, is everything that the backyardigans have to offer. It takes me back into my childhood so that I may enjoy it a second time with my daughter.

No comments: