Friday, January 27, 2012

Snake bite


I have been told that pregnancy enhances vivid dreams to a whole other level. It must be true to some extent... some mornings I wake up thinking to myself, 'What just happened?' Last night was one of those nights. There is only one thing I remember from last nights dream that clearly stands out.
'I picked up a snake, and for some reason I was purposely aggravating it. Tapping it on the nose, teasing it. The snake transformed into what initially looked non threatening into something barely recognizable. It's smooth head, was now full of tiny horns, and it's toothless mouth now exposed a mouthful of sharp fangs. It bit down on my left thumb hard. At first I tried shaking it off, but it's grip held firm. Then I grabbed it's head and squeezed as hard as I could, finally releasing it's hold. I threw it across the room and it disappeared. Clearly I was in shock, examining the tiny holes, in a perfect circle around the knuckle of my thumb. Surprisingly I wasn't in a tremendous amount of pain. Then I noticed something. Something I had never seen before. Each tiny tooth hole, had a very small fine feathery like thing sticking out of it. I tried brushing them away, but they were each imbedded in to my skin like porcupine quills. I plucked one of them, and almost immediately regretted my decision. It seemed that removing it released a toxic venom into my system, that swelled my thumb up five times it's normal size. When it started to turn purple, I then began to panic.

1 comment:

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Hormones? Did you use that thumb to hail a taxi? Kidding.