Sunday, September 30, 2007

Towards the light



The light is shining.
So bright that I squint my eyes.
My heart tells me to follow the light, and leave the dark behind.
I walk through the gates, behind me a graveyard shadowed black.
Toward the light, my destiny, not ever looking back.
The cold has left my skin, the fear of death has gone.
For I'm alive again, I've found my friend, these feelings are so strong.
I cannot ignore the warmth, flooding to my cheeks.
I cannot ignore the voice, and the messages that it speaks.
I cannot ignore the love, the song of my soul.
I cannot ignore our story, our relationship, my gold.
The light is shining.
So bright that I squint my eyes.
My heart tells me to follow the light, and leave the dark behind.

1 comment:

AislinMcDonald said...

This is so beautiful, Michelle! It's you who shine so very brightly...:-)