Saturday, August 26, 2006

What is it that scares you?

'What is it that scares you about writing?' He knew her more than anyone, and He wanted her to face her fear. Blushing, she replied defensively. 'I'm not scared.' He was not convinced. 'Comm'on I see fear written all over your face.' Finally she broke.
'It's personal. I write about my dreams, my passions, my fears, my insecurities, my secrets.' She paused to collect herself. 'My secrets revealed. It exposes pieces of my personality that I’ve never felt before. All the feelings and emotions I hold back.’ Without thinking she added, ‘my anger.’ Covering her mouth she could not believe the word that had just escaped.
Years of being hurt over and over again, had been silenced into words on paper. That was her way of dealing with it, instead of voicing what she believed to be true.
Falling to her knee’s she cried to herself on the inside, keeping the tears inside to bleed her heart.
‘It hurts so bad,’ the lump in her throat choking her every word.

No comments: